Ladies’ match versus Hadley Wood
Ashridge won 3 ½ - 1 ½.
Ladies’ Autumn Invitation Day
Winners: Liz Mapley, Jane Wetherall (Woburn), Alison Harrison & Sue Ashworth (Woburn) – 112 points
Runners-up: Libby Burgess, Diana Wells (Woburn), Julie Ivelaw-Chapman & Sara Keyser (Mentmore) – 112 points
Men’s Autumn Trophy
Winner: Nick Jefferson – nett 67
Runner-up: Russell Andreas – nett 67
Winner: Roger Wickenden – nett 66
Runner-up: Peter Diggle – nett 70
Men’s Veterans’ Vase
Winner: Richard Walker – nett 68
Runner-up: Keri Bassett – nett 68
New Masters wheeled travel covers
Several of you have been asking me for "wheeled" travel covers and I'm pleased to tell you that I now have several available in the Pro Shop. These covers obviously have wheels on them which makes it much easier to transport your clubs around so rather than carrying your bag, you can simply wheel it behind you. And because these travel covers retail at £37.99 , they represent really good value too!
SkyCaddie SGX for sale
And finally this week, I have a SkyCaddie SGX GPS unit that has been used once and I need to clear this unit from stock. This unit has lovely features such as Intelligreen Technology, Target Lists and Interactive Hole Vue and normally retails for £299.99 but I'm happy to accept just £200 so I can clear the decks.
One men's right hand Callaway X2 Hot #3 fairway wood with a senior graphite shaft. This club normally retails at £169.99 but I'm clearing it out for a crazy price of just £99.99 - bargain!!
New self-service Grip Bar
Fresh in this week is my fantastic new Grip Bar. This allows you to see the kind of grips that we offer to replace your old, worn grips on your clubs and you’ll be able to see just what a difference a new grip makes in terms of feel and your ability to hold the club properly because I have a selection of different grips, all on shafts, available for you to try. But the most fascinating part of my Grip Bar is that you can measure your hand to see what size grip is best suited to you. For example, did you know that Nick Faldo used to have twelve layers of tape under the grip on his left hand yet only eight layers of tape under his right? So you can see just how personal and vital it is to have the correct grips and grip size. Please pop in and check out my new Grip Bar!
I don’t know about you but the regular “lead-acid” batteries don’t seem to last very long these days, so the answer is simple: a brand new lithium battery. These batteries are so good in so many ways and the benefits over a lead-acid are numerous, such as, they will recharge in about three hours, you will get about five times more life out of a lithium than a lead-acid, they’re more powerful and they’re incredibly light!
And at £199.99 , they will also come with a brand new charger and a fantastic two year unlimited warranty and a five year limited warranty. So for further details, please pop into the Pro Shop.
New club logoed iPad covers
I now have in stock a really lovely iPad cover. These new items come in a really lovely nubuck colour and will protect your iPad whilst making it look really smart at the same time and they're very reasonably priced at £29.99 . Please come into the Pro Shop and take a look.
New club logoed accessories
And if you haven't already seen my fantastic new club logoed holdalls and shoe bags, please come in to the Pro Shop and take a look. And on top of that, I have some terrific new club logoed "micro-fibre" towels which are made of a waffle texture, hold up to 300% of their weight in moisture and are non-abrasive. And on top of that, they can really keep your clubs and equipment clean!
Are you practising properly?
To help with alignment, put a club on the floor, parallel to the ball to target line, to use as a visual aid to align your feet, hips and shoulders parallel to the target. Put another club across the first club (at right angles), between your legs to help you find the perfect ball position with every club. Always start your range time with some easy pitch shots to the 50 yard marker, then gradually move up through your set until you finish with your driver. NEVER START A SESSION WITH YOUR DRIVER!!
If you don't have anything specific to work on during your session, then make it more interesting by trying to hit different shots with each club. Try a fade, draw, straight, high, high fade or low draw etc. to make your practise sessions more enjoyable and more familiar to playing conditions. But my best advice for this week's tip is to split your practice, with 30% of your time spent on the range and the remaining 70% spent working on your short game and putting skills. Good luck!